Jan. 4th, 2012


Jan. 4th, 2012 04:43 pm
janegodzilla: (FUCK YEAH MOTIVATION!)
So, it's been like a million years since I've updated, but in my defense I've been incredibly busy. Or, I was incredibly busy when school was in session, and once the quarter ended I realized that I had no desire whatsoever to sit in front of a computer screen. At all. For any amount of time.

Also, my computer was being a moody dick. This isn't a particularly new development, but when an important electronic device goes from "moody dick" to "even moodier dick," I feel like avoidance is a pretty natural response.

However! I rather neatly solved that problem today by (FINALLY) splurging on a MacBook Pro, because I am sick and tired of dealing with PCs and it will probably help me out with taxes this year since I'm buying it largely for school. Yayyyyyyy school. Yayyyyyyy taxes. Anyway, I've only had it for a few hours but I'm already madly in love with it, so that's kind of awesome. I am SO getting Scrivener for this thing.

Anyway, my life hasn't been all that exciting otherwise. I've done a lot of knitting and a lot of cooking and a lot of baking (BREAD!), and I am thisclose to beating the new Professor Layton game that Nate got me for Christmas. School starts up again on Monday, and I'm genuinely looking forward to it. I needed this break -- I REALLY needed this break -- but now I'm feeling refreshed and rested and a lot better about life in general. I'm now 40% of the way through my nursing program; Jeebus willing, I'll get through the remaining 60% with my sanity intact.

Kathleen out.


janegodzilla: (Default)

February 2012

192021222324 25

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags